This is a very late example of the Jaguar XK120, built in November 1953 and also only 36 cars from the end of manufacturing of the right-hand drive two-seater. It was first signed up to a dealer in Birmingham, and afterwards offered to a private owner in Leamington Medical spa that maintained the vehicle till 1970 when it was gotten by Jaguar, so this cars and truck has in effect only ever had two owners from brand-new.
Jaguar XK120 was presented at the 1948 London Electric motor Show in open two-seater form, as well as was created from 1949 to 1954. The sleekly styled body was initially integrated in aluminium, yet as demand for the cars and truck became much higher than anticipated, it was re-tooled in steel in 1950. Around 200 cars were built with the aluminium body. Fixed head and also drophead coupé models appeared in 1952 and also 1953 respectively. The Jaguar XK120 used a shortened variation of the chassis from the Jaguar Mark V cocktail lounge, with independent front suspension by torsion bars.
The Jaguar XK120 was intended as a limited production version which would certainly be a showcase for the brand-new XK engine, before this engine entered into major production for the Mark VII watering hole version which adhered to in 1950. This was the globe’s first automation engine with twin overhead camshafts as well as hemispherical combustion chambers. The enamelled manifolds and also sleek camshaft covers provided a good-looking view when the hood was opened. The 3.4 litre engine generated 160bhp, which indicated that the cars and truck could get to 125 miles per hour (200 km/h), as well as went from 0 to 60 miles per hour in 10 secs.
All this was offered at the really practical cost of ₤ 1,263 at launch, which by 1953 had ended up being ₤ 1,602– if you were fortunate adequate to be able to purchase one of these autos in the residence market. Although a total of 12,061 XK120s were built, many were offered in the American market where the version assisted to establish Jaguar as one of the leading imported brands.
The XK120 was changed in September 1954 by the XK140.